(Note: the French word for car is voiture.)
You know how I was complaining about being a failure the other day? Well tonight (of course, on my birthday) there was a major major outage the likes of which we don't see too often, and I was the only one here. The first 2 hours of my shift *literally* felt like 8. When the department manager came in at 3AM, I thought to myself that that made sense because surely it was 6AM by now. Anyways, the night goes on and I keep apologizing for whatever it is I must have done wrong, and finally he comes over to where I'm sitting all frazzled and loopy and tells me how excellent a job I do. How my judgement is always right and a few other things.
It doesn't make me feel like any less of a technical failure, but it helps assuage the pain of things not getting fixed expeditiously. Is that even a word?
Saw Goldmember at the cheapo theater. Gratified to know I recognized Matthew Sweet. Unimpressed with the movie as a whole. Cheapo theater made more creepy by the presence of the Popcorn-Guy-With-No-Fingers and the "Hey. You have the brightest hair I've ever seen." "Uh, Thanks" "I've never seen hair that bright." *STARE* guy. Overall the only advantages to the cheapo theater is that it's close and the two times I've been there have been maybe two other people in the movie.
TO DO IN REMAINDER OF WEEK:
- pay Ebay person
- borrow cooler from examorata
- make party mix cd
- go to MVA and get motorcycle learner's permit
- go to bank and get money order and then pay rent with it
- finish going through mail and contacting people who sent it to me
- make copy of key for geniealisa
- clean my room including fresh sheets on bed
- write two long emails to two friends
- money for nigel griggs cd
- party shopping: beer and snacks
- help clean up party site (before AND after)
- go to brickskeller
- drop by craft night
- talk to examorata re housing
- compile Baby Shower Details
- attend Baby Shower
- check tiff's cat