* Put your music player on random.
* Post the first line from the first 32 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
* Let everyone guess what song and artist the lines come from.
* Bold the songs when someone guesses correctly.
* Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
(Hilariously the first song that came up was "Exotique Bossa Nova" by Martin Denny & orch, which has no words.)
1. Don't you ever / feel sad / lean on me / when times are bad
2. Good morning gentlemen / why the uneasy frowns? maroonmd
3. I know I make mistakes / I will have to live and learn
4. Like the rain on the leaves / like the fields after rain / like the longing that wakens the trees
5. Bjartar Vonir Rætast / Er Viô Göngum Bæinn
6. The possible dream / finale of seem railwaymadness
7. May the lord protect and defend you / may he always shield you from shame salami_salome
[Two songs in a row with no discernable lyrics... Humming the Bassline from that graffiti game, and Breakfast at Denny's by Combustible Edison.]
8. I don't want us to have a fight, but in the background I can hear you chattin' shite carneggy
[Another instr - drum duet with Phil Collins & Chester Thompson]
9. I'm not the wreck of the Hesperus / feel more like the wall of china
10. Well you've got your diamonds / and you've got your pretty clothes daisydumont
11. I walk alone most every night / beneath the stars that shine so bright
12. I'm stupid / I'm smarting / I'm stupid / I'm smarting maroonmd
13. Past the cheerless towns / past my window / I can see a washed out moon / through the fog
14. Young, dumb, don't see a problem / Bloodshot, stare like a hoodlum maroonmd
15. So well I know who's happy / Too well I know who's happy
16. Newspaper face / against the ground / phantom buss pass / through violet town
17. sit at my table / and wage war on myself / it seems like it's all, it's all for nothing railwaymadness
18. There are pyramids in my head / there's one underneath my bed / and my lady's getting cranky
19. You've gone too far this time / But I'm dancing on the valentine msteleute
20. Once your mind's been sickened / you'll scratch for your life
21. In Newry Town I was bred and born / In Steven's Green now I'll die in scorn
22. On the first and final day / lonely Sheba hides away
23. When I was just a lad of ten / my father said to me daisydumont/carneggy
24. Put on my blue suede shoes / and I boarded the plane judithiscariot
25. A river a mountain to be crossed / The sunshine in mountains sometimes lost
26. Here comes Dick, he's wearing a skirt sharkycharming
27. Magistrates dream of Plague / Tongues loll in anticipation
28. In Europe and America there's a growing feeling of hysteria salami_salome
29. Public Warning Who's in town / Public Warning All bow down salami_salome
30. It was only one hour ago / It was all so different then jfboyd
31. On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? peregrin8/carneggy
32. A bunch of lonesome and very quarrelsome heroes / were smoking out along the open road maroonmd
Good luck, some are gimmes, some are... not?