- credit sequence
+ Johnny Depp can sing
- but they had to transpose everything up an octave, which loses the impact of the basso
- don't even get me started about H B-C
+ kid who played Toby ruled
+ scenes that were cut made sense
+ thus the plot held together nicely
- Burtonized, it's too straight-up gothy
+ creepiness of judge well established
+ orchestral score preserved excellently
- no sharp terrifying whistle
+ i still laughed out loud at "A Little Priest"
- too many close-ups and scenes of people's reflection in a knife and blurry faces
- no "Parlor Songs"
+ the dialog that was added fit right in and was hilarious
- no seriously, Helena was miscast
+ "By the Sea"
So that's 9+ and 8-, overall a win.
Overall worth seeing but PLEASE if you like it, rent this version from Netflix and see Mrs. Lovett as I think she was meant to be portrayed.
Three bells today in the tower of Bray!!