Tell me are you interested in dinner on wednesday night, or thursday night? Because those are the nights I will be available, for an earlyish dinner thing.
Busy-ness abounds. I'm feeling artificially overwhelmed because I will transplanted 2nd half of the week.
- forgot to mention last week, hanging out with oontzgrrl rocks, and i got to wax rhapsodic about samantha's turn as a lesbian on sex & the city.
- friday night in all my organizing, i ran out to the best buy for a surge protector (which i needed IMMEDIATELY even though i haven't plugged a single thing into it yet) and ran into koshkaphoenix which was neat.
- then saturday i gave away all my white wolf books. ALL of them. to imamsawez who we then had lunch with at, where else? sapphire. i venture to say that going at the height of lunch means better buffet options. i had little difficulty splitting with the WW materials, especially considering i hadn't cracked the cover of most of the fiction. and you people should know how i am about books!
- later on jack and i visited pictsy for birthday lasagna and movies. YUM! and we got to see shaun of the dead, which i enjoyed entirely. i think the hostess had fun which is good. :)
- when we got home we watched another thing from our netflix queue, the world acccording to garp. OH MY GOD. it was so awful. the director and screenwriter have no knowledge of subtlety. i know it would not be an easy book to screenplay-ize, but monkeys could have done a better job. but john lithgow was great.
- today was kind of productive at work, but i couldn't have done it without jack reading my sql queries and giving me pointers, which leads me to wonder, am i really really really stupid? i'm overall very angry at myself about work right now.
and finally, in case it isn't obvious, i'm not keeping up with email very well right now, which includes a great deal of social plan-making that is simply not getting done. i know a general lj apology is pretty impersonal and crass, i acknowledge that, and apologize for that too.