I am shocked at how fast dust bunnies pop up on a hardwood floor, but I shouldn't be, considering I live with a cat and a generously-tressed nordic god.
When I was in first or second grade, our school showed us a film about fire safety. It talked about escape routes, blah, etc. It also showed a little girl with a giant stuffed animal trying to save said toy by tossing it out the window, but it didn't fit and she had to leave it. I don't remember much from my childhood but this left an indelible impression on me. I will never forget how I cried and was hurt by this film. Sensitive child? Maybe a little...
Can anyone confirm these
(courtesy of jet
Importance of Drinking Enough Water
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
5. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
It's no secret that I will generally offer as advice for any ailment, "drink some water", even though I do not take my own advice. This stuff confirms all my dark fears!