1.) Cribbing this one from Regent, because it rules: "If you had a time machine, AND a special time-suit that made sure you didn't permanently futz up the space-time contiuum, what moment in history would you want to go back and witness?"
Oh. Witness. At first I thought you said change and I was totally hitting a wall. I'd witness the birth of Jesus. Or the death of Jesus. Hell, or the resurrection of Jesus. I want to know what the real deal was and see if it's worth all the hoohah.
2.) Asides from 'it's awesome,' why are you such a fan of 70's design?
I think it's a weird childhood comfort thing. When I was a little kid, the styles and furniture were very fuzzy and futuristic and that made me feel good, you know, when I was like 5, so now that I am older I want to feel those good warm fuzzy feelings again.
3.) What book do you reread to make yourself feel good?
I almost never, ever, ever re-read books. There are too many new books to read. I'd say Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel, Drummer Hoff, or Goodnight Moon, off the top of my head. Pat the Bunny, maybe. When I was a kid, I'd re-read The Call of the Wild. I listen to Lake Wobegone Days as a book on tape over and over again to feel comforted. But I'm not sure that counts as reading. :)
4.) Who should you have dinner with soon?
My parents, ownermental, rob_donoghue and debela, jester1030, salami_salome, thewronghands. This is by no means an exhaustive list. If anyone were to read this list and feel bad that they were not on it, I would feel very bad, because they are on it. Just I made this list of people I have specifically spoken to about getting together and broke the promises or plans, or have not seen recently. It's very, very hard for me to answer this question right now. Very hard.
5.) What do you want people to remember about you?
That I was nice and cared about people and tried to do good things and never forgot to consider other people's feelings.
BONUS: Man, what's wrong with me these days?
Me, or you? I'm so confused.
9 things you look forward to:
1. Jack moving in.
2. Someday being disciplined enough to go back to school.
3. Every night I get to spend sleeping next to Jack, which currently is rare.
4. Making level 50 and being cool enough to run with the big kids.
5. Buying a house.
6. The weather getting warmer.
7. Wearing a symbol of my commitment. (telling, that one)
8. The next Wes Anderson film.
9. March for Choice
8 things you like to wear:
1. My doc mary janes.
3. band-style rings.
5, 6, 7, 8. Black. Grey. Orange. Black.
7 things that annoy you:
I talk enough about things that annoy me. I think I need to do less of that.
6 things you say most days:
1. Hiee mister punchybutt! WHO's a little orange butthead!! Neeeecolas is a fancypants! Goooshysmoooshymffffllee. (That last part is me picking up the cat and rubbing my face in his tummy.)
2. Cockknockers! (usually, in the car)
3. I love you.
4. Since Christmas: "level XX paladin LFG" or "Hail Guild"
5. Hello this is [Company Name] IP Backbone Kim speaking how can I help you?
6. No sweat.
5 things you do everyday:
They are boring things that most people do every day. I kind of try to remember the luxury of them as compared to other people around the world and be grateful.
4 things you want to buy in the near future:
1. A mic for teamspeak
2. Leather biker jacket
4. 2 new tires
3 movies you could watch over and over again:
2. Valley Girl
3. The Legend of Billie Jean
2 of your favorite songs at the moment:
1. Olivia Newton John - from the Xanadu soundtrack - Magic
2. Stevie Nicks - Silver Spring (I can't even remember if this is Fleetwood Mac - very sad.)
1 person you could spend the rest of your life with: